Monday, April 8, 2013

Small space living: Multi-purpose bed/alcove

I recently re-watched the first season of Girls with a couple of friends. It was fun watching all the painfully awkward/real scenes, and the second time around let me notice some details in the show.

One scene that I didn't need to watch again to remember though, was the scene at Charlie's apartment. When I first saw his tiny flat, I was amazed by how well put-together it looked, despite the limited space. And it didn't even feel like he had to sacrifice a lot of other comforts just to keep it habitable.

photo from here.

This scene made me consider using this bed/alcove as inspiration for our future nest. There's just something about how this particular design maximized the area for practical use, it made me want this exact space.

And yet, I realized that having a bed in an alcove isn't exactly the most comfortable thing in the world... Just watch the last scene in the apartment and you'll know why. HAHA just kidding. I mean, this is a good model to keep in mind if we do end up with a tiny space, but really, I'm not 100% keen on it yet because I like flopping onto the bed after a long day at work. Wouldn't wanna risk banging my head or something just to have my Nestea moment*. ;-)


*I was hoping to link to that old 90s Nestea commercial where a girl let herself fall down onto her picnic blanket and it turned into a swimming pool. Awesome. hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment